Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ghost 10

• Please log in to reply

Dizzycare

Dizzycare

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I read and tried all week about Ghost 10. Can't souldn't find solution about this error. Got an Acer Aspire Fat 32 and external drive Maxtor 200G NTSF with 2 partitions (made one of 20G for hd copy of Acer). Partition made with Norton Partition Magic Portable 8.05. Ghost 10 keeps giving me the error # above... I've tried to disable firewall, antivirus, antispyware with no result. The Acer is cleaned (just reinstalled everything). I am no expert. Thank's for the help!
dz

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Apparently error code EC817B3 is exactly the same as error code EC8F17B7, therefore see this URL:
http://service1.syma...005111019380362

This error can also be caused by a partition that's been created but hasn't been assigned a drive letter in Windows. The solution is to delete the partition on the drive you're ghosting to, it should then sort it.