Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burn movies on CD's

• Please log in to reply

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I've been googling for quite a while on how to burn a movie to a 700MB CD. I have a bunch of AVI files that I want to burn to a disk to watch on a standard DVD player. Is this possible? I've read about VCD disks and I tried to burn one using a CUE file but it didn't turn out good. I have Nero 7 Ultra Edition and Xilisoft Video Converter 3...should these tools be able to do the job. So basically, I have a bunch of AVI files and I want to burn them to a 700MB/80 minute disk to watch on a standard DVD player. I would burn these to a DVD, but sadly I do not have a DVD burner. Is this possible and how would I do it if it is?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start smart, click photo and video then use VCD or Super VCD

You may get 50 minutes using Super or 70 minutes using VCD as the sizing is different

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
The disk burned perfectly used SVCD and it was watchable on my computer(Using Nero Showtime 2), but not on my DVD player. What could be a reason this disk is not readable on my DVD player?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Nero 7 should have showtime 3

Worth trying the disc on another DVD player, were the files burned as MPEG

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Maybe it's Showtime 3, I just upgraded so I am still use to Showtime 2.....I took the AVI files and burned them to a disk and it didn't work on my DVD player....but, then I tried it on my fairly newer portable DVD/Mp3/CD/ Player and it worked just fine. So I guess it wouldn't work on my DVD player because it's a little old.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thanks for letting me know

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Yea, the latest version is Nero ShowTime version 3.2.30.

For more product information visit:
Nero