Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Media Center Full Administrator Account

• Please log in to reply

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Ok, I have been trying to get the full (highest level administrator) Administrator account type on my computer, and I was wondering does anyone know how? I currently have the one below it Computer Administrator.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If your account is designated "Computer Administrator" that's has high as you can go. It's the equivalent of the default Windows "Administrator" account in terms of what you are allowed to do.

To my knowledge there are no varying levels of administrator. You either have a 'Computer Administrator' account (same as 'Administrator' account) or a 'Limited' account. There is no other type that I'm aware of.

h_mike

h_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Yea thats correct, I was just confused because Safe Mode has a different level of Administration status, but thanks anyway for trying to inform me, :whistling:.

gda9257

gda9257

• Pip
  • 2 posts

If your account is designated "Computer Administrator" that's has high as you can go. It's the equivalent of the default Windows "Administrator" account in terms of what you are allowed to do.

To my knowledge there are no varying levels of administrator. You either have a 'Computer Administrator' account (same as 'Administrator' account) or a 'Limited' account. There is no other type that I'm aware of.

gda9257

gda9257

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:) what do i have to do to get access,i can't download i cannot even add or delete programs what can i do. it was working fine then all of a sudden ,it say i am not authorized to do it what do i dddoooooooo help me please :)