Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

HELP, MY cd-rom needs you!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Microsoft Windows Publisher

It's a SONY CD-RW CRX1611
The File version is 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Microsoft copyright

I have used this for years. Burning, playing music. I have been burning videos to cd (Data File Cds). Today, I was burning cds and I everything was burning fine then I put the next cd in and it said please put in medium (like it wasn't reading it). I've since put audio, VCD, in it and NOTHING is Getting Read, I ve checked through troubleshooting none of that worked. I says it's working properly, but it's not. My DVD- ROM Drives works fine, but why isn't my CD-Rom working or reading CDs at all.

please help me.

Edited by jyjerk, 03 February 2007 - 04:43 AM.

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Try going into the Device Manager (Right click My Computer>Manage>Device Manager) Then look for your drive, and see if you see anything next to the icon, or on the icon, like a "!", "X" or some sort of warning sign, or something to check to see if its not working.