Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Real Player and Audio drivers

• Please log in to reply

Kathy Phillips

Kathy Phillips

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, Real Player started opening every time I logged on and there was no option to prevent this. As I had not requested this, it upset me, so I decided to uninstall Real Player. When it went it took my Audio drivers with it. I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else? Is it my fault and is it legal to wipe my drives?

Also, what are my options now. I do not have the necessary software on a CD.
Kathy

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Two people have brought me computer with sound problems caused by real player. On my computers i avoid installing real playerbut instead I use the real alternative.

http://www.free-code...Alternative.htm

Ok, to fix your problem i need to know what kind of sound you have in your computer. Is it a factory built computer? what kind? Model ?

If it is a custom built computer that has a sound card in it what kind of sound card is it? Take a look in device manager to see if it is listed. You might download SIW and see if you can make a text file from the html file it makes that shows what the sound card is. I only need the sound part, not the whole html file.

http://www.gtopala.com/

What i am trying to do here is find out what sound chipset your computer is using so i can locate new drivers for it.

SRX660