Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting Crystalfontz

• Please log in to reply

Linhans

Linhans

• Pip
  • 9 posts
We have a Crystalfontz CFA634 Lcd display for our computer. I am having trouble connecting it to our computer. Both the display and the backlight feature should work on a USB connection. When I plug it in, the computer doesn`t recognize it at all. I have the drivers installed and, when we turn the computer on, it gives the message : Init. of COM 6 failed. The module will be disabled until it is reconfigured. I have no idea what this means. I thought there wasn`t a COM6. They just go to COM4. Not sure what to do. I have tried installing it on my laptop and it recognizes it and the CFA634 lights up and seems to work fine. I also tried it on an older computer we have and it also recognizes it. Help again. Thanks. :whistling:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You've mentioned 3 computers but not a single operating system -- which version of Windows are you having problems with this device? It's relevant to any advice you might receive.

Just off the bat, try connecting the device to a USB port at the back of the PC case, not those at the front or on an extension hub.

Linhans

Linhans

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for answering. On all three computers, we are running XP home. I have tried all the USB`s on the only computer that won`t recognize the CFA634. Have not used any hubs. Tried the USB`s out the back from the mobo and they don`t work either.