Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Maybe I should just start from scratch?

• Please log in to reply

ILoveDaniel

ILoveDaniel

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
I've already looked at the Malware removal guides/tuts but I've found no help yet.

I am receiving a popup from the system tray that says
Security Alert: NetWorm-i.Virus@fp
Type: Virus/Network Worm
Damage Level: High
Description: Virus that infects executable files.
Recommendation: Delete/quarantine immediately
Protection: Click this baloon (yes, that's how they spelled it) to download certified Antivirus software.

It's obvious that this is a scam to try and get me to download/buy the product, and it's really annoying because it's constantly flashing.

I was also receiving, yesterday, a popup like this, but I haven't seen it today:
System performance monitor: Warning
Summary:
System performance slowed down by: 47%
Internet connection speed decreased by: 39%
Probable reason:
Spyware applicatoins / Adware popup windows
Click this baloon (yes, it's even spelled wrong) to download spyware scan tool to remove spyware/adware applications.

I was also receiving this:
Critical System Warning!
Your system is probably infected with teh latest version of Spyware.Cyberlog-X.
Type: Spyware
Infection Length: 266,129 byes
Risk: High
Systems Affexted:Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, 2003 Server, XP
Behavior: Spyware.CyberLog-X is a spyware program that monitors user activity, logs keystrokes, and dtracks Web sites visited.
Symptoms: Low Internet connectoin speed
Low system performance
Securty center alerts
Strange pop up windows
Protection: Click OK to donwload(yes, it's spelled like that on the popup) antispyware software.

This morning I woke up with 22 IE popups with those stupid virus warnings and I know they were fake and were associated with this other spam/spyware/whatever it is.

Earlier another popup, which I haven't seen in a while is a pop-up from www.asecurezone.com and it comes up, telling about "Unwanted Popups Detected!"

I've tried CCleaner, SmitFraudFix (isn't working, stupid error), Avast! (errors as well), and Spybot, which found errors, cleaned them, and the errors that it previously found and deleted come back up. When in safe mode I had a Anti Vermeans folder in my C:\Program Files that was giving me trouble yesterday as well but it only shows up in Safe Mode, with no uninstaller in the folder. I've also tried Control Panel\Add and Remove Hardware with no avail.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED! And if for some reason someone needs a hijack log, I have no idea what it is but everytime I've searched for help, people have had to post their "hijack logs."
Thanks!

*Sigh* My computer is just p'ing me off. Is there any hope?

edit: :whistling: I'm now receiving popups from something called "WinAntiVirus Pro 2007" and "SpyDoctor 2006."

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.GIF

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
yes you need to install the 'HijackThis' application and post it's log to to the relevant G2G form whose link is shown below. If you go there first it will expalin how to get and use HijackThis:

http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html

ILoveDaniel

ILoveDaniel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Thank you, I have posted my Hijack log!

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

you need to be patient someone will help you.
if you are still having issues and suspect that it is malware related I would start with our malware forum and see if they can make sure you don't have any malware installed.

post any hjt logs in the malware forum

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

cheers...xxx1

ILoveDaniel

ILoveDaniel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Erm....*Confused* I was being patient, I was just replying to pip22 that I posted my hijack log, like he specified.