Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Input not Supported"

• Please log in to reply

Vision

Vision

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Well I have my new comp running and all, so I try to see how hight the refresh rate can go for the monitor,I try 85hz and well this lil screen comes up up saying input not supported and just floats around the desktop forever and all idk how to change it back to default...

Acer 17"

Should I wipe the HDD and reinstall XP?
If so how do i wipe the HDD.

thanks

Edited by Vision, 03 February 2007 - 06:03 PM.

Advertisements

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

go to start
control panel - using classic view.
double click display.
settings > advanced > monitor > put a check mark in - hide modes that this monitor cannot display
set your screen refresh rate.

cheers...xxx1

Edited by xxx1, 03 February 2007 - 06:16 PM.

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Well, I don't think that Vision can currently see anything at all on the monitor. Try this: Restart, and tap F8 as the computer comes up, before the Windows loading screen. Select VGA mode. Once Windows loads, change your resolution and refresh rate back to something that your monitor can handle. Restart again, and let it boot normally.

Vision

Vision

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Kurenai, thank you so much that worked! You have now saved my life wow am i so happy that its working now!