self rebooting pc
Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:50 AM
Posted 04 February 2007 - 03:49 AM
Self Rebooting PC Problems
I really hope this solves your problem.
Edited by hayabusa_mike, 04 February 2007 - 03:52 AM.
Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:36 AM
Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:12 AM
Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:31 PM
let me recap because not clear to me,
- you can get into the safemode choices but but cannot get the computer to continue form any of the choices offered ie "last know good config"is out, as would be system restore to a point prior to the problem form safemode with command prompt
- you have tried a repair with cd then
or are you saying that you can post but then later when you do something it reboots, if so the first thing is to switch of the automatic reboot not because that mends things but normally in place of rebooting it give you a BSOD code which you can then tell us what it is, anyway here is how to turn off automatic reboot
an error message(bsod) tells one what the error is, whereas auto reboot doesn't,
therefore it's best to turn off auto reboot
turn off auto reboot:
- press keyboard buttons: winkey + r button
- paste this in slot: sysdm.cpl @0,3
- press: enter
- find in blue: startup and recovery
( just above the line: system startup, system failure, and debugging infomation)
- click button: settings
- unclick box: automatically restart
the error message can be understood here
Edited by fleamailman, 05 February 2007 - 12:38 PM.
Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:08 PM
not sure where to go from here
Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:26 PM
but if it is not harddrive death, then repairing the system with a XPcd would be the answer here, anyway here is the link with hope that it is just a corrupted system but I don't feel good about it.
Edited by fleamailman, 07 February 2007 - 02:30 PM.
Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:36 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users