Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How can I boost my computer to start up faster

• Please log in to reply

Charliee03

Charliee03

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Iv went to msconfig in run, but not sure whats safe to uncheck

and also, When i do make changes it says Im not the administrator ? lol Im on the only one who uses the computer, its my name and tha the name Administrator in users so could that be it?

thanks

Advertisements

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Ok, well there are two types of User Accounts, Computer Administrator and Limited. Here's what I need you to do: Open up "My Computer", click "Control Panel", then I need you to click "User Accounts". From there locate your user account, and tell me what account type does it say underneath it, it will either say "Computer Administrator" or "Limited".

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
If his name is Administrator he is by default the Admin. If you are having access problems then you could suspect a virus.

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

If his name is Administrator he is by default the Admin. If you are having access problems then you could suspect a virus.

We still need to know for a fact, so that we can move onto the next step.

Charliee03

Charliee03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
It says "My Name" Computer Administrator

sorry if i wasnt clear but it does allow the changes to be made, its just that that message comes up saying only the administrator can change these settings

Edited by Charliee03, 04 February 2007 - 05:35 AM.

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Ok, well you do have the top level Administrator User Account, and I bet thats bug when it says you're not the Administrator, so I wouldn't worry about that. So, thats just Windows for you. As long as everything works fine then you should be good to go. Do you need any help with anything else?

Edited by hayabusa_mike, 04 February 2007 - 06:22 AM.