Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSODS! USBPORT.SYS & Windows Subsystem Error

• Please log in to reply

taifunbrowser

taifunbrowser

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
BSOD #1:
http://img114.images...dsc00356jq8.jpg

BSOD#2:
http://img255.images...dsc00358zc5.jpg

I've been here before and yall solved my bsod problem. This is quite annoying, as now these 2 bsods alternate and show up within 2 hours of starting up my computer! I cant use my computer until I solve this.

Reply quickly, and thank you!

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Do you use your USB ports for anything?

USBPORT.SYS is something to do with your USB ports. Do you use them at all?

taifunbrowser

taifunbrowser

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
But then what about the subsystem error?

I have a usb external harddrive, a digital camera and a music player and a scanner and a printer and a DDR Dance mat and a power cable to a screen adapter all connected at once - but still no reason why it should crash...

taifunbrowser

taifunbrowser

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Another bsod I just got:
http://img292.images...dsc00359hl9.jpg

Please! I can't use my computer for more than 2 hours before it shuts down... Help!

edit: I'm running Windows XP SP2

Edited by taifunbrowser, 04 February 2007 - 04:25 PM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Auhma errors for the last one.

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card). Use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above.

* You receive a Stop 0x00000050 error on a Blue Screen {KB 894278} Win 2000, Win XP, Server 2003 (with concurrent 1003/System entry in Event Viewer: possible Rootkit spyware infestation)
* Possible Resolutions to STOP 0x0A, 0x01E, and 0x50 Errors {KB 183169} Win NT, Win 2000, Win XP
* During setup {KB 171003} Win NT, Win 2000, Win XP
* Easy CD Creator 5.0 Does Not Function In Windows XP {KB 310628} Win XP
* How to Use Driver Verifier to Troubleshoot Windows Drivers {KB 244617} Win 2000, Win XP, Server 2003
* STOP Error When You Start Windows After You Connect a Scanner {KB 310869} Win XP
* Stop 0x1E in PROTCLS.SYS When You Undock a Toshiba Tecra 8100 {KB 284154} Win XP
* STOP 0x4E, STOP 0x1A, STOP 0x50, and STOP 0xA Errors Occur When You Try to Start the Computer {KB 271955} Win NT 4.0 (corrupt physical RAM)
* “STOP 0x00000050” Error Message in Stac97.sys After You Upgrade Your Panasonic Toughbook to Win XP Service Pack 1 {KB 329832} Win XP SP1

You say

I have a usb external harddrive, a digital camera and a music player and a scanner and a printer and a DDR Dance mat and a power cable to a screen adapter all connected at once - but still no reason why it should crash

You are trying to say that you use everyone of these so much everyday that you cannot disconnect any of them at all. I think your computer has answered your question for you. You are getting drivers errors caused by too many programs running all the time. I never connect any USB device to my computer until i need it and my computer don't crash at all. This computer is a Athlon 2400 that has been running for 2 years without any problems except the ones caused by my experiments with hardware. I have not had the restore or reinstall yet and i have 35 programs installed on it.

Disconnect all the USB stuff you are not using. Try only connecting what you will use in that hour( up to 4 hours). The rest leave off until you need it. They all take up resources and it sounds like you are running out of that and the memory to run everything. It is not that hard to shut down, plugin what you need and restart the computer. It should only take a few minutes.

SRX660

taifunbrowser

taifunbrowser

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
awww...

well heres something that might be it: i've been torrenting to the usb connected external harddrive. it cant handle more than 70kbps, and I'm fine with that (i just set the max download speed to 50kbps) but the constant contact is using up much memory, yes?

also the HD is connected to a usb hub which is connected to a usb hub which goes to the HD... should I change that?

Edited by taifunbrowser, 04 February 2007 - 04:56 PM.

taifunbrowser

taifunbrowser

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
2 New error messages guys:

http://img145.images...dsc00361qm8.jpg

http://img297.images...dsc00360wm9.jpg

The one with "0x0000008e" or soemthing happened right when I logged in: I got really scared, but then it didnt happen when I tried to log in again.

gahh fix my comp!!!

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

* “STOP 0x0000008e” Error Message During Windows XP Setup {KB 315335} Win XP
* Games: “Stop” Error Message That References Nv4_disp.dll {KB 325730} Flight Simulator, other games (wth Nvidia-based video adapter)
* Your Computer Stops Responding When You Use the Highlighter Feature & the Font Color Feature {KB 829578} Win XP

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

* Error Message with RAM Problems or Damaged Virtual Memory Manager {KB 810093} Win XP Home (during restart)
* “STOP:0xD1” Error Message When You Start Your Win XP-Based Computer {KB 316208} Win XP
* Stop 0x000000D1 Error Message When You Turn Your Computer Off {KB 317326} Win XP (with USB device(s) connected)
* “STOP 0x000000D1 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Kbdclass.sys” Error Message When You Try to Shut Down the Computer {KB 810980} Win 2000, Win XP (Logitech mouse with outdated MouseWare software)
* STOP 0xD1 error message when you start your Win XP-based computer {KB 839876} Win XP (ACPI issue, a Hotfix is available)
* WRQ AtGuard Program Causes Error Message in Win XP {KB 319870} Win XP (AtGuard version 3.22)

You really need to decide what is important to your computer use. You are getting so many different error messages i would think about reinstalling windows and then deciding what is necessary to be on the computer.

Every few hours my computer crashes to the BSOD with the following error:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x00000D1 (0xB3634a80,....., 0xF8828E6F)
USBUHCI.SYS - ADDRESS F8828E6F BASE AT F8826000, DATESTAMP 3d6ddc30

Most probably it is a call from another driver to USBUHCI.SYS which causes the problem.
Try searching for newer drivers for your USB devices.
Try unplugging each device until you get no errors anymore.

Robert is on the money - one of the USB device drivers that you have needs updating. Since the modem is the only device in constant use, I would start there. Note what you're up to just before the next event - it may be another device that you're using. Iomegaware was causing this on a client's PC.

SRX660

taifunbrowser

taifunbrowser

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I just got a logitech g15 (is iomegaware the same company?)

oh well, it does seem to be a usb problem :whistling: *starts disconnecting stuff*

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Dont worry. We just need to see if its the USB ports are the culprit.