Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Problem with my speakers

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, my computer is not recognizing or connecting to my speakers I have them plugged into the right jack(green), but every time i launch a sound application I receive an error message 'There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly.'

Edited by Denvermax, 04 February 2007 - 03:41 PM.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Go to start, my computer right click, properties, hardware tab, device manager. Look for the sound, video and game controllers. Click on the + to expand it out. Do you see any yellow ! on these? If so, you need to install the driver.

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
01-Denvermax [Speaker Problem]-7th Feb-2007

Welcome - Denvermax

1st – You need to set the – Onboard Audio Controller to [bAUTO[/b] in the – Peripheral Section of your BIOS –

2nd – Verify that you have the default – Audio Jumpers- on the Front Audio Connector on Motherboard – You must have – [Pins 5 & 6] Jumpered – and [Pins 9 & 10] Jumpered – This will connect the Rear – Green Audio Out – See Thumbnail –

See Motherboard Manual -

Edited by Jack123, 07 February 2007 - 06:49 PM.