Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Help! "the procedure entry point could not be located in the

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Every time i open a file (exe only i think) i get a "entry point not found" error which says:

"the procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

What should I do?
I don't want to do a formatting or anything.

I'm running Windows XP Media center edition on a dell inspiron 6400 and I first noticed these errors today after i ran a copy of my friends' "cossacks european wars" game.
I'll scan with kaspersky and ad-aware and see what I get... My system has been clean until now, except for one file with a TAC rating of 10 which was a trojan dropper.
I scanned after i got rid of it and all was fine...

I can open folders fine but if i open any microsoft office progs, windows media player, any games etc i get this error, and then the program seems to run fine!

Please help :whistling:

P.S. If you tell me to do a "hijack this" scan or whatever, could you possibly tell me what you think the problem could be aswell?

Thanks a lot!