Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Hangs on Shutdown

• Please log in to reply

Infoworld

Infoworld

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi All :whistling:

My Computer will not shut down properly and gives the above error message with the end now option, it makes no difference if you let it time out or choose to end it...the blue screen appears and it goes through the sequence and then when it says windows is shutting down the arrow key freezes, I have removed my battery and just use the mains, all I do then is just remove the power cable.

There is no problem when it starts up and it just continues to boot up as normal.

The problem started soon after I upgraded to Norton System Works 2006 from the 2004 version.

I did have another problem that said the desktop reader could not initialise but that seems to have cured itself now.

I can follow instructions that are simple and precise but I have no coding knowledge.

Over to You Brains!!! :blink:

Thanks
Ted (infoworld)

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
you could try uphclean

http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

also heres some information on possibilies on your problem

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837115

from start ..control panel..administrator tools ..services
check latest event errors..check for those when you shutdown your computer