Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Having issues with internet please help!

• Please log in to reply

stump5389

stump5389

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have comcast cable internet and it is networked wirelessly to 2 PC's. The internet was working fine this morning and when I got home from work my brother said the internet wasn't working. When he clicked on Firefox it said cannot connect to server. We took the modem and wired directly to his PC. Then we could get online but when I click Firefox it brings us to Google Saudi Arabia automatically or when we type in google.com it goes to the Arabian one. Also when I tried to go to my router's address to try to configure my network it brought me to some page with Arabic written on it saying Access to the URL is not allowed and it says click here if you believe it shouldn't be blocked which brings me to this URL http://www.isu.net.s...-requist-ar.htm
where I can request to unblock the page. Is this some sort of hack or something I have been using torrents maybe a hacker got through with that I don't know much about hackers but I would really appreciate anyone who could tell my why my internet thinks I live in Saudi Arabia.

Advertisements

stump5389

stump5389

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Got something to add just found out I am connected to a proxy server in Saudi Arabia. How do I get out of this so I am no longer connected to that server.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Shut down the computers, and unplug the modem's electrical connection. Go have a cup of coffee. Reboot, plug modem back in during the splash screen.
Johanna
(How do you know you are connected to a proxy server in Saudi Arabia?)

stump5389

stump5389

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I went to a site that has a proxy server detector and it told me and I could look at a map to see where the proxy ip address was.

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

I went to a site that has a proxy server detector and it told me and I could look at a map to see where the proxy ip address was.

How do you know thats accurate information though? Have you tried asking your ISP?

Also we aren't allowed to discuss torrents, or anything P2P related. (This is for future references)

Edited by hayabusa_mike, 05 February 2007 - 07:04 PM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If you are posting from the problem computer, your IP is correctly showing Comcast. (I can see your IP addy on the board.)

Have you tried clicking the "settings" button on Google and telling Google which server to automatically connect to? There is a drop down menu listing 40 or so countries. Perhaps the problem is simple enough to fix?

If your homepage will not change via tools> Internet Options> general tab > Options, or you can't access any other page except for the unwanted Arabic ones, please visit the malware forum for a check up. Follow the instructions on this page:
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html
and return to this thread when your computer has been certified clean by an expert if you are still having difficulties.
Johanna