Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Trouble - Please Help!

• Please log in to reply

hardeez1

hardeez1

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi,

I bought Windows Vista Ultimate a few days ago to install on my Dell Inspiron E1705 laptop. It works good for a few hours or so, but then there is an error message that reads:

(title): Logonui.exe

V:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.0.6000.16386_none_9ea0ac9ec96e7127\gdiplus.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I have reinstalled it about 3 or 4 times, and this happens every time. Also, I have seen a different erorr message about the Logonui.exe file being corrupted and unreadable. My laptop has 1 gb of RAM... 100 gig hard drive w/ plenty of free space, and a modern video card that is directx 9 compatible. Some one on another forum I posted this on said that the gdiplus.dll file has something to do with my video card? But I have no idea, please help me!! Any replies are greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Scott

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
It's a long-shot, but I saw some others were having a similar issue when using an old version of Java. Have you tried updating?
http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
This is what I found on gdiplus.dll

The gdiplus.dll library is required for windows to operate. It is used by windows when communicating with your video card in order to disaply graphics on screen. If gdiplus.dll is unavailable, windows will not function correctly.

gdiplus.dll is flagged as a system process and does not appear to be a security risk. However, removing Microsoft GDI Plus LIbrary may adversly impact your system.

hardeez1

hardeez1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
hmm alright lol i still have no idea what to do about it. thanks for the replies tho.