Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printer mixes in red ink with pictures

• Please log in to reply

Calvin and Hobbes

Calvin and Hobbes

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Lately, my printer has mixed almost anything i print out. Usually, just normal, any color words print out fine, but pictures have a little bit of red mixed into all of them. The ink cartridges are full, so i cannot figure out the problem. I have tried cleaning and deep cleaning under the maintenence menu, but it has not fixed my problem.

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
01-Calvin and Hobbs [Printer mixes red]- 4th Feb-2007

What type of printer – Make & Model – and age ???

If it is an Ink Jet – The Print Heads may need alignment – Check your Manual – Probably covers that issue -

Also visit the Manufacturer’s Website – See FAQ – Again that should cover that issue also -

Jack123

Calvin and Hobbes

Calvin and Hobbes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
oh i forgot to put in the printer model

its a canon i560s, as for age I'm not sure but I'd guess maybe three years

it is an ink jet printer, and i tried the print head alignment, but i have no idea what I'm looking for

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
02-Calvin and Hobbs [Printer mixes red]- 5th Feb-2007

i tried the print head alignment, but i have no idea what I'm looking for

Here is the – Canon i560 Support website -
http://www.usa.canon...mp;modelid=9282

Go to – [Tech Support] – Link - It is 2nd Row – 1st column Block -

(1)-Click on – Search Knowledgebase
(2)-Then type – Print Heads
(3)- Then click – How to reseat/replace Print Head
(4)- A video clip will appear showing the steps – you will have click on – Vertical UP/Down Tab –
to continue or repeat the steps – It is more like a series of mini clips –
(5) It will show how to remove – and properly install Ink Tanks & print Head –
(6) Verify that your Ink tanks are in proper order & securely seated

Try another search – type Nozzle test - & look at all questions – problem should be addressed somewhere -

I suspect that when you do this – You will notice some excessive ink in the well – I not sure if it can be cleaned easily – If you do see a lot of spilled ink – This is the result of broken seals - You might want to contact Canon & see if you can clean or do an upgrade for new printer –

You might need to register on the Website to obtain better support – I was just browsing thru – Print Heads may need to be replaced – but I suspect that an Upgrade may be cheaper – Canon has good prices – but quality has short lifetime with printers – Just my observation –

Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 05 February 2007 - 07:47 AM.