Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to Connect morethan 3 systems!

• Please log in to reply

praneethkatru

praneethkatru

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Everyone,

Recently i came across a problem, any help regarding that would be great for me.

The situation is like this: In a office we have a 24 Port Catalyst switch from which the connectivity is extended to a adjcent room by means of a 16 Port Hub to which 6 systems are connected. This setup was working fine for quite sometimme. Recently what happend was, only 3 out of the 6 systems are able to communicate with the 24 Port switch (any 3 out of 6 which ever is connected first),:whistling: but all the 6 systems which are connected to hub can communicate among themselves but not with the catalyst switch.

Then we have connected a 24 port switch to hub and from there we connected the remaining 3 systems. now all systems are able to communicate with catalyst switch.

Even if we change the hub with 24 port switch it was working for 1 day and the same problem arose. :blink:

:help: Can u tell me what could be the problem and the solution for this situation.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

praneethkatru

praneethkatru

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The problem is because of physicall cabling, which has gone faulty. There was a cross connection between two cables because of which there was a lot of broadcast which wa causing all the prolems.

The cables were identified and were replaced now everything is working fine.. :whistling: