Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Action Canceled/Page Cannot Be Displayed

• Please log in to reply

TotallyClueless

TotallyClueless

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I'm new here and in desperate need of some advice.

I have Windows XP and currently use AOL for my browser. Sometimes I will use IE, and just recently downloaded Mozilla Firefox to see if it would correct my problem (nope). When I open a web page it will work fine for a while and then I will slowly start seeing the white boxes with red x's in them for pictures and then eventually every page will come up as "Action Canceled" or "Page Cannot Be Displayed". I have to reboot and it will work 100% again. Give it about 20 minutes and it starts to mess up again, until I have to reboot again.

Some of the steps I've taken so far, that have gotten me nowhere-Upgraded IE (which then would not let me go to any web page no matter how many times I rebooted, so I got rid of the upgraded version), disc cleanup, cleared my cookies/cache/temp files/history, restored my system back as far as it would let me, deleted ALOT of things off my computer to give me more memory, reinstalled AOL numerous times, reinstalled IE numerous times, upgraded to SP2. I'm sure there's more, but there's just been so many things!

Does anyone have any ideas? I know for a fact my computer is low on memory. Could a memory upgrade fix this issue? If so, I'll head out and buy it tomorrow! It's really frustrating!

Thanks!

Advertisements