Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Download Speed Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

nziuser

nziuser

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi

I am currently on a 1.5mb/256k plan.

My normal download speed averages say 140-150 KB/s. About a week ago this speed reduced down to around 40KB/s when I was trying to download one file. However I can now download 4 files at once and they all achieve around 40KB/s, giving me a total of 160KB/s!.

Somehow I have set up my computer to be able to download 4 files at once to use up my normal download speed. Therefore at present I can no longer download one file at my usual maximum speed of 140-150 KB/s.

Please help!! I want my maximum speed back!

Look forward to any assistance.

Cheers

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
As I already told you a few minutes ago in This thread we can not and will not help you with any problems relating to P2P programs. You stated in your original thread that the problem was due to download speed issues with your BitComet and EasyNews programs.

I am inclined to close this thread as well. I received your email stating that you removed the p2p programs a few weeks ago. Please reply to my questions either via the email link again, or this thread. Your answers will determine whether this one is closed or not, too.

nziuser

nziuser

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks Kat

I am not doing anything illegal. I am downloading from legal sites. I have already explained my problem. Is there not anyone out there in computer geekland who has not had this problem before. As I mentioned all I want is to get my full download speed back. Surely that's not a lot to ask.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Being condescending will get you nowhere. As I stated in the other thread, even though YOU may be doing it for legal reasons, many MANY others will not be. Therefore, if we help you with problems that you have already admitted began with p2p programs...then all the ones looking for help with illegal activities will be helped as well.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Your email was lovely. Thank you for taking the time to try and be that rude to me in "private", as well as here. For that, you have earned a thread closure, and a vacation from posting here.

I suggest you actually READ the Terms of Use that you agreed to when you joined the site, and also learn how to be a bit more respectful before you return.

Have a good day.