I have Windows XP Pro, SP2, EI7.
I just ran the Analysis & Device scan on Sandra Lite and it came up with a number of things I should fix. Some of them I was able to fix but I need some help with these others:
Computer Overview Analysing
1. Warning 100 : Large memory sizes should be made of Registered/Buffered memory
2. Warning 2533 : Disabled host controllers are present. Check BIOS settings
3. Warning 100 : Large memory sizes should be made of Registered/Buffered memory
4. Notice 224 : System BIOS : SMBIOS/DMI information may be inaccurate
5. Warning 2533 : CPU 1 [Processor 0, Core 0, Thread 0] : Disabled host controllers are present. Check BIOS settings.
Tip 210[/u] : CPU 1 [Processor 0, Core 0, Thread 0] : Mainboard supports faster CPUs, so the CPU can be upgraded when needed.
Notice 224[/u] : CPU 1 [Processor 0, Core 0, Thread 0] : SMBIOS/DMI information may be inaccurate.
Buses and Devices Analysing
6. Warning 1206 : PCI Bus 0 (1/1x PCIClk) : Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) SiS5513 EIDE Controller (A,B step) : PCI latency too high. Device could hog the bus for too long.
Tip 1202 : PCI Bus 0 (1/1x PCIClk) : Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) SiS900 10/100 Ethernet Adapter : Device does not support bus mastering.
7. Notice 224 : SMBIOS/DMI information may be inaccurate
Displays and Display Adapters Analysing
8. Tip 319 : Video Adapter : Primary Display Driver (display) : A refresh rate of at least 75Hz is recommended. Increase it if possible
9. Tip 319 : Video Adapter : RADEON 8500 / RADEON 8500 LE (Microsoft Corporation) (\\.\DISPLAY1) @ \\.\DISPLAY1 : A refresh rate of at least 75Hz is recommended. Increase it if possible
Physical Disks Analysing
10. Warning 3100 : Maxtor 6E040L0 (ATA) : S.M.A.R.T not enabled; consider enabling for safety.
11. Warning 3103 : Maxtor 6E040L0 (ATA) : Acoustic Management enabled. Peformance may be impaired.
12. Warning 3104 : Maxtor 6E040L0 (ATA) : Current mode not optimal. Check settings.
14. Warning 3100 : WDC WD800JB-00ETA0 (ATA) : S.M.A.R.T not enabled; consider enabling for safety.
Network Adapters Analysing
15 Warning 502 : Firewall Programs : Not all network adapters are firewalled! Check firewall settings (MY COMPUTER IS NOT NETWORKED)
Operating System Analysing
16.Warning 1316 : This copy of Windows contains Product Activation Technology.
17. Warning 1322 : Hardware DEP is not supported by your CPU. Software DEP in use. Consider upgrading for complete security.
Memory Usage Analysing
18. Tip 2004 : Page file is too large. The page file should be maximum 2.5 times system memory.
19. Tip 1601 : hpqimzone : Program consumes a large amount of memory. (MY PRINTER)
21. Tip 1601 : iexplore : Program consumes a large amount of memory
22. Warning : wmiprvse : Process no longer exists!
I went into Computer Management -> Devices and clicked to update the drivers for all devices/subdevices but they have the most up-to-date drivers.
If you could tell me where these settings are located for the problems that Sandra Lite found, how to get to them, and what settings they should be set to, I can pretty much get them fixed.
If I can fix just a few, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks . . . Denise