Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown Problem?

• Please log in to reply

Toombs

Toombs

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Am i dont know if my problem is hardware or software...so what happend is my computer just restarted by itself when i opened a program then after that it kept restarting it'll go to the "Windows XP" logo then restarts then one time it said "Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing" then i cleaned installed my Drive C: then it was going fine until it did a software and hardware inspection thing then it said corrupted file and every time a restarted theres a new corrupted file such as:

-lbrtfdc.sys
-vga.sys
-cpqarray.sys
-setupdd.sys
-acpi.sys
-usbenci.sys
-dmio.sys

the next day i turned my computer on it said "no video input" and i was pretty sure everything was connected properly, so if anyone knows how to fix or tell me whats happening to my computer it'll be greatly appreciated

-thanks in advance :whistling:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Can you start hitting the F8 key on your keyboard when the computer is starting up and get into safe mode? If so then you may be able to go to the last known good configuration to get the OS back. Soemthing else to check is look in device manager or computer info and see if there is IRQ sharing and what is sharing there. Sometimes when more than one piece of hardware wants to run at the same timeconflicts can cause toe system to go into a continuous reboot. Good example of this is trying to run a ethernet connection and a dialup modem at the same time.

SRX660

Toombs

Toombs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Yes I've tried running it in Safe Mode and all the other Modes but I always get the same result it'll go up to the "Windows XP" logo then restarts.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You will now have to have a XP cd and do a repair install over top of your original install.

http://www.geekstogo...ws_XP-t138.html

SRX660

Toombs

Toombs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
but my monitor wont work when i connect it, it just says "no video input" but when i connected my monitor to my friends PC it worked, I think my motherboard is damaged or something...

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
How were u connected when u got to the Win Xp logo?

Toombs

Toombs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
That was a few days ago then i unplugged the monitor and all that then put my computer away then i gave it another go to try to make it work but when i connected all the stuff then it said "no video input"

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
I understand that u moved the compute to put it away.
In this situation I would open the computer and push the cables and the cards audio/graphics/net/... in place in case one got kncked out of place. And then try again.

Toombs

Toombs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Ok, i'll try that

-thanks for your time :whistling:

Toombs

Toombs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
still "no video input"... i've reconnected everything and nothing changed...