Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XBOX 360 and old xbox games

• Please log in to reply

duley3

duley3

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
I was thinking about getting an xbox 360 and was woundering if the reverse compatablity has gotten any better with the newer produced 360s?

Or maybe someone knows where I could find a list of old xbox games that also work in a 360?

sorry about the spelling....How in the bleep do you spell it?

Edited by duley3, 05 February 2007 - 11:55 AM.

Advertisements

millerman996

millerman996

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
As far as I know you can play regular xbox games on the 360...The graphics dont look that much better but they still work...

duley3

duley3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
I thought that only a few games (old xbox) would work on the 360 when they first came out. I also read somewhere that you needed an emulator (sp) to run them.

Any others know if they will run or not? I have about 30 xbox games and would like to sell the old xbox and keep the games. Just to off set the price of the 360 a little.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I thought all new consoles were backwards compatible...

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I'm pretty sure that most old xbox games run. I know Halo and Halo 2 does.

pyron81

pyron81

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
False! Xbox 360 still has problems with BC. They have a list of games they can run on Xbox 360 BC.

http://www.xbox.com/...tygameslist.htm

While it is not 100% complete I would suggest asking your local retailer.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Also you MUST have the HDD for the xbox 360 in order to play original x box games.

Tim360

Tim360

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have a 360 and many of the games are backward compatable. I have heard there is a list posted somewhere on the website at XBox live although I've never looked for it. You can access the site by signing up for a free Silver membership. I buy my games at Game Stop. They have (B/C) on the game title label to identify them as backward compatable.