Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can my PC take this card

• Please log in to reply

siddu620

siddu620

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all!

My makeshift PC has a Mercury KVM266pm-u motherboard. I need to know if it will take a GEForce or NVidia video card (128 or 256 MB)?
I want to play Call Of Duty 2.

Pl ask if any more info is needed to answer the question.

Thanks,
Sid

Attached Files

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
It will take an AGP card, but the game probably won't run very well on your computer as its borderline for what the game actually wants just to run decently.

siddu620

siddu620

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, Thanks.

But someone else told me that its incompatible.
Especially with the GEForce FX 5200 AGP 8x 256 MB Graphic Card.

Am thoroughly confused now.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
To expand on what Neil said

It isn't that it would incompatable, just that it wouldn't perform well. You have a rather generic system board that only supports the older amd k7 (athlon) processors and only has agp 4x support. The nvidia 5200 card would be ok, but honestly would be overkill for that system. In other words the card is worth more than the pc. Ultimately its your decision, but I would recommend upgrading the pc.

With some careful selections, you can build a quality budget pc that can be a decent gamer.