Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

C++ draughts game

• Please log in to reply

ReCuRsIoN

ReCuRsIoN

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi,

I know this may seem alot to help but i would be grateful if anyone can. I have less then 2 months to create a 3D draughts game in C++ with openGL. I am very weak at coding and havn't got a clue where to start. I know C++ at a beginners level and nothing of openGL. I am not expecting anyone to do any coding for me, i would just like someone to help me guide me through the process. I am a quick learner and would be really grateful if some one could help. I don't know whether to start with coding the game in C++ first or creating the graphics in openGL?

Thank You.

Advertisements

N00b1

N00b1

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
it depends were you want to start i use java but i make a set of images so there ready and then i make a gui menu and code of of that lol i normally leave the game untill last but you need to follow 3 steps

1.)make laws
2.)make get a bit of paper and then brake it down
3.)make a game engine/CP

then send everything to the CP and tell the cp to look at the laws to see if it can do it in elseif statements to get the game to playback requires another set of things ect use google its your friend

Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Is this a college/university project? I wouldn't advise using this method if you are doing this for 'educational' purposes as you can quite easily be caught and if so, you'll get kicked out your course. Anyway, RentACoder.com provides thousands of expert coders who would create this game for you for surprisingly very little.