Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What's wrong with my hard drive?

• Please log in to reply

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Thanks. Its been a long journey and I had fun :whistling:

I cannot wait to hear what DELL has to say!

Advertisements

sannie

sannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Well, I am glad you had fun :whistling: and I wasn't a burden!

I am curious what DELL has to say, too.

sannie

sannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I was emailing with DELL back and forth about the reinstallation CD's, so I also told them about my failing hard drive two days ago.

I received an email this morning, that they're going to send a hard drive as a replacement :whistling:

That was easy!

It should get here in 1 to 2 business days :blink:
Hopefully all will work then!

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Yay!!!! I am excited now for your laptop.. :whistling:

When it gets here, let me know. I will walk you through everything again :blink:

sannie

sannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
:whistling: Thank you for being excited for me and my laptop...

It's going to be nice to have a complete "new" computer :help:

Dell send me a link how to replace the hard drive, but I am gladly taking you up on your offer to help me with this.

Have a great Sunday! :blink:

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
You too :blink:

Hopefully I will not have school on Tuesday or Wednesday, maybe both :whistling:

swordofdestiny

swordofdestiny

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Snow days?

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Not at the moment, this huge nor' eastern's coming our way :whistling: I am excited!!!

swordofdestiny

swordofdestiny

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I'm in Texas, an we got a snow day back in January and a 2 hr delay the next day.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Snow in texas? :whistling:

Advertisements

sannie

sannie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I am in Ca... we had a day of snow, too a few weeks back :whistling:

swordofdestiny

swordofdestiny

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
*sigh* do I really have to get my camera and show you the picture I took of snow (sleet/snow) on my car? And yes snow in Texas, it was a bit of sleet snow but it was still snow. So :whistling:

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Between Tomorrow and wednesday, I'll take a pic of the snow we got. If it comes? Here's something thats gonna make you guys fall on the floor.

During my classes, we get a announcement on the loudspeaker that the district gets a 2hour delay of this huge snow storm apparently coming. I wake up the next day, there is NO snow! NO SNOW! I was like, how weird. It was a controversy that day because we were all so confused on how we got a 2hour delay for no snow. It was a friday too!

swordofdestiny

swordofdestiny

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Nice! Same here sorta, it was sleeting while we were all at school (earlier this school year, but it was last year). We all were like, so uhh when will they let us out? Lunch came, but no letting us out, they announced cancellation of afternoon activities (cancelling the Jazz Concert >_>) not us getting out though. So we didn't get out. I walked to my car, there was ice all over the back window an trunk (I had a hard time gettin that trunk open to store my trumpet and bag an stuff), but my windshield was fine, but the person who parked opposite me (his windshield faced mine) was covered with ice, so he was probably stuck there for a while. So I find we have a 2 hour delay then next morning. My internal clock woke me up at the same time anyways, an I was hungry, looked outside, no ice at all. So I get in my car (it wasn't frozen either) and get breakfast, no traffic at all, it was nice. That was a good day. Wow, we're getting a bit off topic XD

Edited by swordofdestiny, 11 February 2007 - 03:47 PM.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Oops..

Ok lets stop here! LOL