Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NetworkingBoards.com

• Please log in to reply

CMDeane

CMDeane

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, a beloved friend named Kat reffered me here to talk about my website , and get hints from you pros out there.

What is this site missing?

What can be added?

Thanks and love to all.
http://www.networkingboards.com

Edited by CMDeane, 05 February 2007 - 07:38 PM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Could eliminate a lot of the white area at the top and bring your content up more. If you're interested in validation, then the page link you provided has 9 errors and 89 warnings. This is not including the CSS validations. One link on your page does function, but you probably know that.

Ron

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
So people become beloved friends after 2 minutes in chat? Well you must make friends fast!

The forums look very nice, some one has done a very good job of the theme. As Major Payne said you do have a number of errors in the code, but since I doubt you wrote the forums I would not be too picky about fixing them up.

Also I would try and make the ads blend in more. Google even recommends this now. Web users are so used to seeing ads now they just ignore anything that looks like one. Take the black border away and make the colors fit the forums a bit better.

Edited by Michael, 05 February 2007 - 11:58 PM.

CMDeane

CMDeane

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yeah i didnt write the forum its phpbb's

and the theme is some guys

which link doesnt work ?

and good idea on the banners blending em in

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Yeh, I knew the forum is phpbb's because I used it twice on Michigan State's SAE Fraternity site. One was open for all and one was password protected for SAE members. But that doesn't mean you can edit for validation. Most people don't bother. I mean, after all, gmail's pages have over 2000+ warnings. It works, but has a longer load time. If the browser knew exactly how to parse the pages, load times would be less other factors being equal. Just my 2 cents. :whistling:

Ron

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
But your talking micro seconds here. Sure I would edit to make them valid. But with forums I would not be to pick since you have to do it every time you upgrade I think.

I new it was phpbb I been running around forums for too long now. Also the link now says "Welcome to phpBB 2 Installation" what went wrong there?

I surprised the people in Google don't care about valid pages. They are really bad at it, I mean it would take a few minutes to fix.

CMDeane

CMDeane

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
had a server crash and they bumbled my files check now