Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen stop errors winXP

• Please log in to reply

captfirebuster

captfirebuster

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I keep getting blue screen stop errors. Occurs most frequently when I am using IE (v.6). Also get stop error when trying to load SP2 from Microsoft CD. I will post the event viewer info below. Windows reporting says it is related to a driver error. I have not added any new driver related software or hardware. I included my system info when I registered and hope it is attached to this post, if not I will provide it.

Error: 0x00000050e page fault in non-page area

I have run the following tests.
MemTest86+ - I ran a 4 hr test with no problems indicated
Prime95 Torture Test - 8 hrs no problems found
Various Malware/Spyware programs run - nothing found

sc query showed the following:
"the specified service does not exist as an installed service"
service name: devicescanner
type:1 kernel_driver
state: 1 stopped (not_stoppable, not_pausable, Ignores_shutdown)
win32_exit_code: 2

verifier.exe gave me a blue stop screen at: IO system verification error in ptserlp.sys (WDM driver error 20e) - this apparently relates to a modem driver. I disabled the modem but still get the stop errors.

I have Everest Home edition installed and can provide that info in needed.

event viewer:
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 2/6/2007
Time: 7:44:26 AM
User: N/A
Computer: YOUR-2CEGVPJXFD
Description:
The DeviceScanner service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 2/6/2007
Time: 7:44:26 AM
User: N/A
Computer: YOUR-2CEGVPJXFD
Description:
The mssync2030 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Thanks for your time and effort, any help will be appreciated.
william

additional info:
the device scanner mentioned is not connected to the system. It may have been at one time. When I started getting the error messages I removed the S200 scanner listed in the control panel. As a last ditch effort to hopefully solve the driver issues I added the S200 driver back to the system but I still get error messages.

my system info:
Compaq Presario 5330 XP Home SP1
Intel P4 1.7 GHZ
512MB RAM
80GB Maxtor HD (59 GB free)
64MB nVidia GeForce2 Graphics

Edited by captfirebuster, 06 February 2007 - 10:14 AM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Disabling the modem does not necessarily remove the driver associated with it. You need to uninstall it's driver through either Add/Remove Programs or if it's not listed there, uninstall it from the modem entry in Device Manager (right-click the entry and choose "uninstall" from the context-menu). Then physically remove the modem card from the PC otherwise Windows will simply re-install it's driver if it detects the modem as still present.

If the modem is needed you could try updating it's driver from the Compaq website and entering your model number.
http://h10025.www1.h...d...c=us&dlc=en

Edited by pip22, 06 February 2007 - 10:38 AM.