Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Updateable Website Photo Gallery

• Please log in to reply

TheWern

TheWern

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi,

I am a fairly newbie website builder and I have been asked by one of my client to add a photo gallery page to their site. They frequently have 'theme' nights and out come the cameras. The next day they want to add a folder eg New Years Eve Party, and upload the photos.

Can anyone recommend any good packages or programs that will allow the customer to upload the photos easily, and also any sites that have a really good gallery.

Thank you.
:whistling:

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
These two are full-featured, highly configurable, has an active forum-base and are free:

Coppermine

Gallery

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Since your clients already have a hosting site and you have access to their CPanel/VDeck, or whatever they call it, you can check and see if they have a Photo Gallery program you can install direct from within the CPanel of the site. Mine at startlogic.com is under Accessories, I think. :whistling: If not, then you'll have to use thenotch's suggestions or just google for Photo Gallery programs. You'd be amazed at the number. :blink:

Ron