Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help! left clicking mp3s don't work

• Please log in to reply

bwigs

bwigs

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hey guys- when i left click a mp3 i get an error saying windows can not open this file extension (if i right click & open with ---windows media player--- it works, but its a pain to right clcik-choose everytime. i have gone into windows options-file types and checked off mp3s--i have tried to make other media players my default--but when i left click a mp3 it always comes up with 'windows can not play this file ext' even if i have changed default players- the mp3s always has a windows media player symbol beside mp3s. i have even rolledback windows media players............what the [bleep] is going on????????? help me dudes i have just about had it with pc's

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right click an MP3 file and choose open with...then choose "choose program" ...then choose the media player of your choice...then make sure to tick the "always use this program to open this type of file" box and press ok....then try to double click another MP3 file