Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

E drive

• Please log in to reply

Pita

Pita

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I don't know if this is the right section to post this.

I recently put my computer into recovery because of houseguests playing with it.
I saved my information and it went into E drive.
Now how do I delete it? or get rid of it?

I have been trying to burn dvd's and it won't let me because of the lack of space.

Does anyone know what to do? :whistling:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Probably the easist way to solve your problem is to go out and buy a larger hard drive that is usually on-sale at all the big stores and copy your whole hard drive over to the new drive.

You can do this by going to this website and downloading the program. Make sure you read the page carefully so you can register the program as a full program. Otherwise you will get a time limited demo version.

Read the help files until you understand what you are going to do and then transfer your complete system to your new hard drive. Yo will enjoy 2 things this way. One, you will no longer be plagued with a lack of space. You will also have he room to have as many backup as you want. I personally backup to 2 different mediums on any information i want to save. I.E, to a second hard drive and to a DVDrom.

http://www.vnunet.co...e-copy-personal

I have personally used this software to transfer a over 6 gig system from a 20 gig hard drive to a 160 gig hard drive with no problems. I am also planning to do the same thing with this computer i am using because i only made a 10 gig partition for windows XP and i am down to only 20% free space.

SRX660

Pita

Pita

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I actually don't need to save it anymore, I just want to get rid of it, but, don't know how. I appreciate your answer. Thanks.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
hi,
how is it showing up in your computer at the moment, for example in explorer(my computer) is it showing up as a file called E, or for example is it showing as different partition in diskmgmt.msc

Pita

Pita

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi - it is is showing up in the E drive. And it is labelled as "Recovery".
I know I wanted to do this originally but, now I can't get it off.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
is there a delete option when right hard clicking it