Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 7 Slow to Load Site Pages

• Please log in to reply

legaly blond

legaly blond

• Pip
  • 5 posts
It takes a minute and more to load a site page.
My computer specs:
AMD Athalon 64
200 Drive
1meg Memory
Useing IE 7
DSL Ultra connection
I have been working on this problem for weeks within the malware forum and my computer is clean.
It was suggested by them that I use this forum for help.
Can you help me with this problem?
Thank you,
Legaly Blond

PS.. you can see the results of the Malware forum under Legaly Blond.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
If you go to windows task manager (ctrl+alt+dtl) and click on the "performance" tab, how is your CPU/memory usage at an idle state w/ and w/o IE browser open?

pyron81

pyron81

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Hi Legaly Blond and welcome to Geeks to Go,

Has your internet always been slow? What are you running (dial up, DSL, Cable, T1)?

Do you know your current upload and download rate from your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? If so what is it?

Please goto Speedtest.net and do a speed test. Please copy your results and post them.

Thank you. :whistling:

Edited by pyron81, 17 February 2007 - 06:59 PM.

silencedmessage

silencedmessage

• PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
Hi again legaly_Blonde

Hope you are still following this topic :blink: I realized that I did you a misjustice by not pointing something out to you while I had you in the malware forum. A member pointed out to me that you are using LimeWire PRO 4.12.3, which is considered a P2P program (short for peer to peer). These programs are not illegal in themselves, but often are used for illegal purposes. Also, since you are connecting directly to another person's computer, you have no idea what you really could be downloading. This is one of the leading causes of infection, and as mentioned earlier, it can be used for illegal purposes.

I highly recommend uninstalling Limewire, as it is a risk and could be the cause of your slowness.

When you are running limewire, other users can and will download directly off of your computer, chewing up a good piece of your bandwidth. Also, downloading will kill a good amount of your bandwidth and will make the internet much slower until you reboot. If you really do not want to give it up, that is completely your choice. :help: However, it may be worth a shot to just not use it for a few days and see if that helps :whistling:

-Silenced Message

leedownen123

leedownen123

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
You can always try this site:
http://enhanceie.com/ie/tweaks.asp

and scroll down to "Speed Tweaks"
and click the words in green that say"Increase the Connection Limit"
and download the file.
Then double-click on the file you just downloaded and it will ask you if you are sure you want to add the file to the registry.

Note: You MUST have IE closed when you double-click on this file for this tweak to work