Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't update DX8.2 to 9.0c

• Please log in to reply

Eklipse219

Eklipse219

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
This goes back to a problem with Gunbound, heh. The tech support guy said to uninstall DX9.0c and reinstall it, so naturally i used one of those free utility things to restore the original DX files from the XP disc. Now i'm stuck on DX8.2 and can't reupgrade to 9.0c for some reason. It just finishes setup as soon as it initializes, without even copying any files. I've tried this upgrade using both the dxwebsetup.exe web installer and the client runtimes downloaded directly from MS.

anyone else seen this before?

On another note,
I recently updated my Marvell Gigabit Ethernet drivers through Microsoft's Windows Update website...
Now I have a new "Internet Connection" icon in my Network Connections window, that refuses to be disabled. When I go to my Ethernet Connection and try to disable ICS through the Advanced Properties tab, there is no ICS box. I just thought this was somewhat strange, especially since the "enable/disable ICS" checkbox is present on my other network connections.

Thanks for any insight!

Advertisements