Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for Free Firewall Protection

• Please log in to reply

Axl Turwalt

Axl Turwalt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Are there any free Firewall programs (not trail versions) out there that will allow me to sufficiently block applications from connecting to online servers? Also, if possible, are there any that will also allow me to enter stealth mode whereby my IP address remains hidden? I like the concept Kaspersky have going with their firewalls and I would like something similar to that if it exists.

Thanks!

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. I suggest ZoneAlarm. It's free, and gives you great protection. I'm not sure if it toally hides your IP, but I think I remember seeing that in my feature list at one point. You can download ZoneAlarm Free by following this link: http://www.zonelabs....reeDownload.jsp ...

Hope you like it :whistling:

JesseBassett

JesseBassett

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi. I suggest ZoneAlarm. It's free, and gives you great protection. I'm not sure if it toally hides your IP, but I think I remember seeing that in my feature list at one point. You can download ZoneAlarm Free by following this link: http://www.zonelabs....reeDownload.jsp ...

Hope you like it :whistling:

Use PC Tools Personal Firewall Plus. It's the same as ZoneAlarm, but smaller and more fierce at stopping hackers. Not to mention you don't need to 'train' it like you do ZoneAlarm.

www.pctools.com

scroll to the bottom of your screen and you'll see the free firewall link.