Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have a bit of a mic problem.

• Please log in to reply

Joshikun2501

Joshikun2501

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi there. My problem is that my mic levels are very low. I have tried to use the mic boost in the windows sound manager. That only boost my mic levels slightly. I also have used this mic in another pc and levels were fine. I'm really not sure if there is anything i can do. Any ideas?

Advertisements

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Try checking the Volume control panel. If the Microphone level is low, obviously turn it up. Also, make sure your Microphone is fully plugged it, because sometimes they can slip out a little.

Joshikun2501

Joshikun2501

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
lol. yup, did all those things. I turned up all volume levels and the mic still doesn't come close to peaking. i've checked all connections as well. i also tried to use the same mic in a diff pc, it worked just fine. it seems to be some unexplained event. :-/