Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COMP SHUTTING OFF RANDOMLY

• Please log in to reply

Soul Reaper

Soul Reaper

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok my other computer is brand new and was custom built by a family friend. I cant get incontact with her so i am looking here.

the computer will keep randomly shutting off for no reason. and sometimes applications like Battlefield2 and internet explorer will just randomly close.

I think it is a graphics card or motherboard problem but that is just me.

My Motherboard: ASUS M2NPV-VM

CPU: Support AMD socket AM2 Athlon 64 X2/Athlon 64 FX/Sempron AMD Live/Quiet 'n' Cool tech

Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 + nForce 430

Front Side Bus: 2000/1600 MT/s

Memory: 4x DIMM, support dual channel max, 8GB DDR2 800/667/533 memory

Those are the specs on the box there is others like USB, Audio and ports just let me know if u need them.

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
Sounds like it could b a ram problem. Download memtest86 and leave one stick in at a time. that way u check each stick at a time. Let it run 4 at least 1hr each. If it finds an error that is probably the problem.

bwillford

bwillford

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
looking at the specs ill assume we are talking windows XP. first step is going to be stop having it restart and start having it give ya some errors...

Right click my computer > Properties > Advanced tab > down at the bottom go to Startup and Recovery Settings > under System Failure UNCHECK Restart Automatically

After you uncheck it go back into your game or whatever is causing the crash and wait for it to happen. Instead of just crashing and restarting this time you should get a blue screen giving you a STOP error message. Right it all down and type it in a reply here and I will take a look. Thanks.

Soul Reaper

Soul Reaper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
ok will do

Soul Reaper

Soul Reaper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
ok besides the directions it says

Page_Fault_In_NonPaged_Area

Stop: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFFFFB, 0x00000000, 0x8054A51A, 0x00000000)

bwillford

bwillford

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
That error is typically due to bad RAM or a bad Windows driver. Swap the RAM out for ones you know are good. If you don't have any, try the diagnostic program at www.memtest.org, but there's a remote possibility that it will pass the test and still be bad.

To fix corrupt Windows drivers, you can do a repair install: http://www.dougknox....air_install.htm

I have also seen this happen due to an anti virus program, Norton, AVG, ect. but most likely it is going to be the RAM