Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for Program

• Please log in to reply

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi,

My school uses a program (I assume) that when you restart the computer, all changes, made during that session are erased. It's sorta like customized default settings that the computer goes back to every time it reboots. I'm looking for such software for my sister's laptop. Where could I find such software?

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. What you're looking for is something called Deep Freeze. Deep Freeze is an application which makes it so that no changes made to the system stay once rebooted, unless you enter the administrator password and "thaw" the system. While it's really not advertised for this, Deep Freeze will remove most Malware that jumps in while the system is "frozen". You're going to want the standard edition, which I have given you in this link: http://www.faronics....ze.asp#Standard ... Keep note that no applications installed, nor files left on the desktop will still be there if you reboot while "frozen". I made that mistake once unknowingly lol

Hope this helps you :whistling:

ddiddy40

ddiddy40

SPAMMER

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Yes that answered my question completely. Thanks!

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Fantastic :whistling: Keep in touch with me as to how well it works for you, I might consider buying it myself :blink: