Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't run winamp or wmp

• Please log in to reply

nikorasu

nikorasu

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I always use winamp, but when I tried opening it today, it just gives me an error report after it begins to load the window. I tried windows media player and opened, appeared fully loaded, but doesn't respond. I am able to watch videos/listen to audio online just fine.

I thought it may be a media player thing, but iTunes runs fine. I know that iTunes and WMP have their differences, though.

Anyways, last night, I uninstalled a number of programs, and that probably took something out of my comp's registry or I dunno where from that it shouldn't have. I uninstalled a couple P2P programs, TuneUp Utilities 2006, and WindowsBlinds.

Any ideas what could be causing the problem?

edit: also, I also ran a system restore and that didn't solve the problem.

Edited by nikorasu, 07 February 2007 - 05:48 PM.

Advertisements

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
You said something about an error report. Can you try to retrieve this error report, and copy and paste it here?

nikorasu

nikorasu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
It's just this run-of-the-mill sort of error...
Posted Image

I don't know if this helps at all, but I'm throwing in the details in case.
Posted Image

Edited by nikorasu, 09 February 2007 - 05:00 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Winamp for me always seems to encounter a file getting lost or corrupted every six months or so i just uninstsall and reinstall it with the latest version always fixes it and only takes 5 minutes.