Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown

• Please log in to reply

Bill-Johnston

Bill-Johnston

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I do not know where to begin on this one
OS is winxp
Dell Demension 2400
Internet Embarque High Speed DSL
Run windows firewall, Spywareguard, Spywareblaster, Avast AntiVirus
Have installed All In One Keylogger (I use this myself to keep an eye on my pc when I'm not here)

I turned my pc off last night, my girlfriend turned on the pc this morning and viewed my Quicken program that I use for my business check book. She exited the program and backed up the files, then went to town (About 10:30AM), she then came back about 2 hours later and found the Quicken program was re opened, She called me at work and told me that someone was fooling around on my pc so I told her how to use the keylogger to determine the time the Quicken prgram was re opened. The time she gave me was the time she was in town and no one else was home. I thought maybe she read the time wrong on the keylogger report, so when I came home I checked it out myself and sure enough it showed where she had closd the program and about 1 hour later it was opened again, and I know there was no one here at the time it was re opened.
I checked with windows firewall and there is a section in there that had a check mark allowing remot acsess so I was wondering if that could had been the problem, or maybe a glitch with Quicken (Never had it happen before in the 4 years I been using it) I went to start, run, typed in msconfig, clicked on the start up tab, looked on the list and only see 2 entries for crss which is for my keylogger, but nothing out the ordinary.
Any ideas as to what could had caused my quicken file to open by itself?
Thanks, Bill

Advertisements