Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Automatic move of <<POTENTIAL SPAM>> ?

• Please log in to reply

frankw1

frankw1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Yahoo Mail will identify SPAM and automatically move it to another folder for later review. Can Outlook 2002 be set to do this?

The filters in Outlook do a great job of identifying <<Potential Spam>>. But can the user set a switch to automatically do something about the identified messages? I've reviewed all the Outlook 'Junk e-mail' help files, both in the program and online and can't find any discussion about this feature. I get about 25-30 spams a day and even if I go through all the clicks to identify the email to Outlook as SPAM, I'm faced with another barrage the next day. Yahoo Mail is so much more convenient as it automatically moves the majority of offending email to the BULK folder without requiring you to interact. Outlook will also auto move previously identified Junk email (but not mail the filters identify as Potential Spam)to another folder. This is a far cry from the competence of the Yahoo program.

Is there some way to AUTOMATICALLY move a message that Outlook has flagged <<POTENTIAL SPAM>> to another folder for later review and deletion?

TIA

Advertisements

frankw1

frankw1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Problem is solved! Turned out I didn't know about the 'Advanced Rules Wizard' in Outlook 2002 AND I didn't realize that my email server (ATT Global) was tagging the mail as <<Potential-Spam>> and then Outlook was downloading the mail to my hard drive. So clicking on 'Organize' then 'Rules Wizard' and following the prompts eventually got me to where a rule would be applied to incoming email with 'Potential-Spam' in the Header. Now I never see the email and life is better.