Error uninstalling Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:35 PM
Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:47 PM
Where do you see MS Visual Web Developer? Is it in Start, All Programs? Is it in Add/Remove Programs?
But it will not run and you can not get it uninstalled or repaired/reinstalled? Is that correct?
Browse to C:\program files. Do you see a folder called microsoft visual web developer 2005 express edition - enu? Is there any folder there with a similar name?
These are the manual uninstall instructions from one of those posts:
Manually Uninstalling Previous Versions of Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions1. Go to the Control Panel and launch Add/Remove Programs
2. Remove "MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2005 Beta"
3. Remove "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition"
4. Remove "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Tools Express Edition"
5. Remove "Microsoft SQL Native Client"
6. Remove "DMA Transport Update for VS 2005 Beta 2"
7. Remove "Microsoft MSDN Express Library 2005 Beta"
8. Remove all Microsoft Visual Studio Express Editions (such as Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta)
9. Remove "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Remote Debugger Light" (This step is needed only if Visual Studio is installed on a 64-bit machine)
10. Remove "Microsoft Visual J# .NET Redistributable 2.0 Beta Language Pack" (This step is not needed if you have only the English Edition)
11. Remove "Microsoft Visual J# .NET Redistributable Package 2.0 Beta"
12. Ensure all Visual Studio 2005 products have been removed from your system
13. Remove "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Beta Language Pack" (This step is not needed if you have only the English Edition)
14. Remove "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Beta"
Do you have any of these installed on your system?
Was Visual Web a download? If so, try to install it again from the original downloaded install file. Maybe it will overwrite the installation and you'll be able to uninstall it properly.
Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:40 PM
Can't be opened, or fixed, or uninstalled, or reinstalled.
In program files folder there is a folder called "Microsoft Visual Studio 8" which inside has "Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition - ENU" folder.
Manually uninstalling instructions aren't working. Add/remove doesn't list most of the applications that the manual uninstall is saying to remove.
Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:57 PM
Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:33 PM
Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:06 PM
Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:30 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users