Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error uninstalling Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition

• Please log in to reply

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
The forums didn't work, and the autouninstall thing didn't either, it said: "We did not find specified products to be installed."

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Okay, let's back up.

Where do you see MS Visual Web Developer? Is it in Start, All Programs? Is it in Add/Remove Programs?

But it will not run and you can not get it uninstalled or repaired/reinstalled? Is that correct?

Browse to C:\program files. Do you see a folder called microsoft visual web developer 2005 express edition - enu? Is there any folder there with a similar name?

These are the manual uninstall instructions from one of those posts:

Manually Uninstalling Previous Versions of Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions1. Go to the Control Panel and launch Add/Remove Programs

2. Remove "MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2005 Beta"

3. Remove "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition"

4. Remove "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Tools Express Edition"

5. Remove "Microsoft SQL Native Client"

6. Remove "DMA Transport Update for VS 2005 Beta 2"

7. Remove "Microsoft MSDN Express Library 2005 Beta"

8. Remove all Microsoft Visual Studio Express Editions (such as Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta)

9. Remove "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Remote Debugger Light" (This step is needed only if Visual Studio is installed on a 64-bit machine)

10. Remove "Microsoft Visual J# .NET Redistributable 2.0 Beta Language Pack" (This step is not needed if you have only the English Edition)

11. Remove "Microsoft Visual J# .NET Redistributable Package 2.0 Beta"

12. Ensure all Visual Studio 2005 products have been removed from your system

13. Remove "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Beta Language Pack" (This step is not needed if you have only the English Edition)

14. Remove "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Beta"
Do you have any of these installed on your system?

Was Visual Web a download? If so, try to install it again from the original downloaded install file. Maybe it will overwrite the installation and you'll be able to uninstall it properly.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
The program is in stat, all programs, and in add/remove programs.

Can't be opened, or fixed, or uninstalled, or reinstalled.

In program files folder there is a folder called "Microsoft Visual Studio 8" which inside has "Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition - ENU" folder.

Manually uninstalling instructions aren't working. Add/remove doesn't list most of the applications that the manual uninstall is saying to remove.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
If the install was a download, try to reinstall using the downloaded file. That may overwrite the installation or fix the installation, so you can then get it uninstalled properly.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
That might work, but one problem, I don't have the install file, nor do I remember where or when I got it. I was curious about Vista so signed up for some random Microsfot thing and they sent me programs to try.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
You can download it here.

Steve Soleimani

Steve Soleimani

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Ok I reinstalled it now what??

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Now, try to open the program, register it, then uninstall it. You might want to use the Automatic Uninstall Tool found at here.