Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Latitude laptop HAS PROBLEMS WIFI CONNECTING

• Please log in to reply

elushka

elushka

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Please, please, help me to figure out what's going on with the wireless connection on my Dell Latitude Laptop. It was connecting perfectly previously. Then all of the sudden, It stopped connecting to the secure Wireless connection which was set up initially. It looks like it cant assign an ip address or something. Because its constantly "acquiring an address". Once I swich to the second available and unsecure connection, it connects to the Internet smoothly. But on the other hand, i loose the connection to Local NEtwork. Therefore, it's not the card problem. Addittionally, I updated and reinstalled all the network cards. It did not help. I tried to reset the router. It did not help. I disabled/enabled the card in Windows XP settings. It did not help either. What CAN I DO TO FIX IT? PLEASE HELP!

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
I would setup the wireless without security. if it works, then add security later. this may help, quoted from http://www.chicagote...et/wireless.htm

How to fix wireless connection issues

1. Make sure all wireless devices are using the same mode, infrastructure in the most cases.
2. Make sure all wireless devices have the same SSID.
3. Make sure all wireless devices have the same WEP encryption settings if you have enabled them.
4. Make sure you have added the wireless MAC into MAC Address Control if you enable it.
5. Use ipconfig and ping to test the connection. All wireless devices must be in the same IP range.