Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen & bombing out on games. Overheating?

• Please log in to reply

Jo99

Jo99

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:whistling: Hi all!
I hpe all you clued up ppl can help me.
Here is my setup;
Intel Celeron D 2.6 Ghz, PC Chips P23g motherboard, 1gig ram, 80gb IDE Maxtor hdd, 80gb Sata Seagate hdd, Nvidia Geforce 6200 256mb AGP graphics card, 2 cd burners ,Creative speakers.

Here is the problem, Whenever I play games like NFS Carbon or the like the pc will play for maybe half an
hour or less then either bomb out or give me the legendary blue screen. Normal work on the pc gives no problems. I run XP Pro ,Zone Alarm and AVG. I have reinstalled windows countless times, updated all
possible drivers and even the bios. Have run hundreds of malware, spyware and adware scans. I`ve checked the temps. Cpu runs 30`C and the motherboard 44`C when doing business tasks. When gaming
the cpu goes up to bout 36`C and the motherboard 54`C
I`ve installed 6 more fans and even taken off the covers but to no avail and have even changed the graphics card to no avail. Blue screen gives the error BAD_POOL_HEADER.Any help would be a blessing!

Edited by Jo99, 08 February 2007 - 06:50 AM.

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Just by curious... do you have a netgear wireless card?

Jo99

Jo99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Nope, heard that the card cuases problems , hope it isnt disasterous in the end!

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Give this link a check

http://www.tweaksfor...OOL_HEADER.html

Jo99

Jo99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Gave it a peek and tried the indexing servive tweak.
Allthough its not running perfect ,there is a HUGE improvement.

Thanks a million!!