Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Removing nondeletable icon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Well, I hope you don't download any more "cracks" they normally are malware.

I am not sure what programme you are referring to, but that graphic looks like a DOS window.

Can you firstly check that you have ADMIN status by looking in USER ACCOUNTS in the control panel. If you don't, alter it. Now boot into safe mode and navigate to: C:\Documents and Settings\Adam\Desktop\bOZEr-Ra2YuriNoCD

This is not the same as looking at the desktop, I want you to use Windows Explorer and navigate to that folder.

Now press ALT+CTRL+DEL (simultaneously) and enter TASKMANAGER, click PROCESSES tab, and then click IMAGE, they will now appear in alphabetical order. Have a look for the folder name or something equally as outrageous, highlight it and END PROCESS.

Now delete the folder.

If that failed, tell me exactly what happened.

Advertisements

Zylocks

Zylocks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Yae.. it seems I've learned my lesson. All this trouble over one stupid file.

I tried booting it into safe mode, and couldn't find anything in task manager that looked like it. I clicked on the file, and I swear the number of images changed, I think it got smaller, but it was too quick for me to be positive.

I'm gonna go try it out again.

Alright, I was wrong, when I double click on the file, an image called ntvdm.exe pops up for a second (so i had to be quick to take a screenshot of it), and then disappears. Other then that I couldn't really find anything.

Edit again: Hrm I searched for the name, and ntvdm.exe-1a10A423.pf came up in C:\Windows\Prefetch.

Edited by Zylocks, 12 February 2007 - 02:50 PM.

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, (all files will highlight), right click any file, click delete, confirm

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up

Reboot

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run defragmenter

Download, install and run Tune Up 2006 Trial It is a 30-day free trial.

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Disable your anti virus programme then click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Check the anti virus programme is running after the reboot.

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

Click optimize and improve then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Zylocks

Zylocks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
how do i find out what my connection speed is?

all steps were followed :whistling:.

Edited by Zylocks, 12 February 2007 - 08:41 PM.

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Hello again

Try here: http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :whistling:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.