Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel(R) G965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)

• Please log in to reply

bigal41

bigal41

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
In my device mgr under Intel® G965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) it says
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

yet when I do an update driver it tells me that the driver is up todate...any ideas as to why i am getting a yellow Astrix's indicator on this device and can anyone tell me what a code 43 is... I thought awhile back it said code 28...this is all confusing to me please help.

Al :whistling: :blink:

Edited by bigal41, 08 February 2007 - 03:36 PM.

Advertisements

Logic_Overflow

Logic_Overflow

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I grabbed this from Microsoft's website:

Code 43
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Recommended resolution

One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner. For more information about how to diagnose the problem, see the hardware documentation.

as for the Code 28:

Code 28
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

Recommended resolution

To install the drivers for this device, click Update Driver. This starts the Hardware Update Wizard.

I would try rolling back the drivers and reinstalling them if possible. This wouldn't hurt the machine nor the OS.

I'll look up more on it, you can try that and get back with a reply.