Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 2350 when trying to install Microsoft Powerpoint

• Please log in to reply

JesseBassett

JesseBassett

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hello,
I have an authentic Microsoft Office XP Professional CD. Everytime I try to install Microsoft Powerpoint I get an error message numbered 2350. The message says something along the lines of

"OFFICE.CAB is missing."

Anyway to fix this?

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Look at Microsoft article 321444. Does this fix the problem?

JesseBassett

JesseBassett

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Sadly it doesn't even work!

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Which part didn't work? Was the file not on the CD, could you not install it, did the install of Powerpoint at the end not work/give the same error?

Please provide the full error text. Also check the event viewer for additional Warnings or Errors logged at the time of the failed install attempt.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Found a couple of other things to try (from this link):

1. Copy the entire CD to your harddrive (if you have the space), and run the install from there.

2. If you have another CD Drive, external or networked, load the CD there and try the install.

Please be specific about what worked and what didn't.

JesseBassett

JesseBassett

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Which part didn't work? Was the file not on the CD, could you not install it, did the install of Powerpoint at the end not work/give the same error?

Please provide the full error text. Also check the event viewer for additional Warnings or Errors logged at the time of the failed install attempt.

Well Linda,
I thank you for your help. All I had to do was tell the setup that I installed Powerpoint when I first installed the suite. And whalla! It's installed.

God Bless! :whistling:

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Glad you're fixed!