Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I'm going shopping!

• Please log in to reply

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Have a look at http://www.cyberpowerpc.co.uk/ it's where I got my laptop - it's very light, thin, fast + powerful. That dell sounds good, but the new ones are known to be a bit chunky.

Advertisements

o2mcgovem

o2mcgovem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
JimB007:
Really? I didn't know spyware could do that! Actually, why would spyware want to to that anyway? :S

SuperSam:
I only have £500 to spend. Those notebooks all look really good, but I can't see one for under £500.

To be honest, I want something a little chunky. This one I have now it an ultra-lightweight or something, ultra-portable... ultra-something anyway. I'm worried I'm going to break it when opening it, or break it when I carry it about it's so light. And it doesn't have a CD/DVD drive built-in, it's a USB thing that you have to plug-in (I wasn't told that when I bought it) which is really annoying.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Ahh, then maybe you could look at an Acer or something. They are very good build quality and are mainly quite big anyway. I bought one in 2004 that still going now after numerous drops.

JimB007

JimB007

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
Posted Image

JimB007:
Really? I didn't know spyware could do that! Actually, why would spyware want to to that anyway? :S

Well it was way back in the Me days like I said. But it made a lasting impression on me. Imagine all your non program related icons turned in that stupid one. But I still wonder how they did it; because like I say the standard and the non-standard icons are all in a file called shell and that one wasn't there.
Posted Image

o2mcgovem

o2mcgovem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Maybe they changed some obscure setting somewhere (maybe in the registry?) that changed the location of the standard and non-standard icons to somewhere else?

:S I dunno. Confused. Thanks for the help anyway. :whistling:

o2mcgovem

o2mcgovem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
One more post and I'm at 100 posts! Woow!

(Sorry, couldn't posting this.)