Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel Reinstall creates problems with shotcuts & VB

• Please log in to reply

johnbfdma

johnbfdma

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Due to a corruption of Windows XP, I had to reinstall the whole system, including Office XP pro with EXCEL 2002. After the reinstall I seem to be having two problems:

The CTRL+C and CTRL+F shortcuts don't copy and find, rather they highlight Constants in cells (CTRL+C) and Formulas in cells (CTRL+F). The behavior seems to mirror choosing Tools/Constant Cells and Tools/Formula Cells, neither of which I remember seeing in the Tools menu before and which I have no use for. How can I get Copy + Find back?

I have a VB function that resides in an Excel Add-in (XLA) file that was written by someone else years ago that has worked just fine through several EXCEL upgrades and was just fine in the pre-corruption version of EXCEL 2002 sp3 and is working on other machines with Excel 2002. It has 14 input parameters, some text, some numeric. Since the reinstall, when I open a workbook with this one function in a cell, more often than not (but not always) the cell will have a "#Value" error. I can get rid of the error by clicking on the "Fx" next to the formula bar, to bring up the Function Argument Window, click on OK and everything is fine until the next time I open the file or a value changes. Very wierd. It would seem that the data is being intrepreted differently when proceesed through the arguement window.

Any ideas on either of these issues would be GREATLY appreciated! Thnaks in advance!

Advertisements