Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer likes to turn itself off

• Please log in to reply

xzmattzx

xzmattzx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I still can't figure out what kind of memory my computer has. Does anyone know where I can find this out? Or, can someone intruct me on how to replace or upgrade my RAM?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The information you provided is not enough to tell you what memory you need. I cannot find either a 7550 model laptop or a 7550 desktop Presario computer. If you can provide the full model name and numbers perhaps wee can do better then the results i have so far.

http://www.edgetechc...e.asp?cid=21495

Need more info please.

SRX660

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Try going to 4ALLMemory. or to
Crucial to see what memory your comp will take.

xzmattzx

xzmattzx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I have a Compaq Presario S5200NX.

The 7550 is the version of the monitor that I have. :whistling:

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
This is what I found>

Memory Upgrade for Compaq Presario s5200nx

We have Memory Upgrade for Compaq Presario s5200nx, the Compaq Presario s5200nx takes the PC2100/2700 DDR SDRAM DIMMs Memory Type, and comes installed with 512 MB (removable) of Memory. You can upgrade your Compaq Presario s5200nx to up to a maximum of 1.0 GB Memory, the system has 2 sockets to install Memory, already with 512 MB (removable) standard Memory installed. For best system performance use the maximum amount of allowed Memory per slot for your system.
Choose the following Memory Upgrade for Compaq Presario s5200nx.

Did you go to Cucial or 4allmemory.?

xzmattzx

xzmattzx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I looked around on crucial.com, but didn't really know what I was doing.

Will the installation process be easy? I think I'll upgrade to 1 GB Memory, unless that's a bad idea for some reason.

xzmattzx

xzmattzx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
So I'm finally getting around to getting more RAM, and this is what crucial.com is saying:

http://www.crucial.c...resario S5200NX

So what do I do now? Can I install another 512 MB RAM in the 2nd slot, or do I have to use 1 slot? Can I get something over 512MB at all?